In a striking turn of events last week, Anna Grace's sweet dance teacher somehow got the
1. You can use a plastic tablecloth, tissue paper, or wrapping paper to cover the 16" cardboard cake round, but wrapping paper works best- by far.
2. Don't use a hot glue gun with a plastic tablecloth.
3. Don't use plastic balloon sticks. A wooden dowel works much better. But the balloon stick is good for blazing the trail for the dowel in the innards of the cardboard round. And jamming the stick in the cardboard is a delicate and strenous job all at once.
4. Solid colored wrapping paper is hard to find.
5. Cellophane works great but you will need more than you think. Much more.
So there you go. Now you know why I don't blog about crafts. Go ahead and laugh
I enjoyed this little project about as much as a trip to the dentist.
It was important because I was able to tell her that I did it because I love her and because I know that God has given her the gift of dance and song.
I'm so glad He gave us each other. Like I've said, it keeps things colorful.
Here's to lollipops and love!
(Oh, and you can say a prayer for me... I've still got one more trip to Hobby Lobby and two more lollipops to go!)