Sunday, November 18, 2012

This little light of theirs

I'm always looking for light, so daylight savings time when it suddenly gets dark at 5:00 pm always gets me down- especially on a Sunday night. But tonight in our church's fellowship hall, there was all kinds of light thanks to the Shreveport Bossier Rescue Mission men's choir. Really. I was in the back but I still felt warmth from the light emanating from their hand-clapping, foot-stomping, sincere and grateful worship.

I think people in general search and search for light but most of the time, it eludes them because they look in the wrong place. These guys were a great reminder to me that the Source is always there, always available, even on a pitch black daylight savings Sunday evening.

Thank you, Jesus, for your light.  I saw it tonight in these eight guys and it was brilliant.