Thursday, February 21, 2013

smells, soup, silliness, and Skype

22.  the smell of an old family recipe coming from the hot oven
23.  warm soup with a friend
24.  Anna Grace's quick wit
25.  Skype and how it connects us


"Faith is in the gaze of a soul.  Faith is the seeing soul's eyes upon a saving God, the saving God of twisted bodies, the saving God of harvest moons... Seeing is the spiritual life.  '...they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and return and be healed' (Isaiah 6:9-10 NASB).  'Looking comes first,' wrote Lewis in The Great Divorce.  First, the eyes.  Always first, the inner eyes."  A. Voskamp

I got some really terrible news from a friend today.  My gaze goes upward.  

1 comment:

The Rupps said...

Not happy about terrible news:( But I will be superficial and ask for that old family recipe.

I can't help myself.