Tuesday, February 26, 2013

the Joker

I think I've said it before, but there is just something about our two-year-old.  He just makes us laugh all the time.

At Christmas, he kept telling us that he wanted to be the bad guy when playing with his older brother's toys.  I was a little bit disturbed that he insisted on being the bad guy- that is, until we realized that he didn't want to be the BAD guy, he wanted to be the BAT guy (a.k.a. Batman).  Our mistake.

There are little daily things like how he'll throw his hands up in the air and yell "Hooray for me!" after he pulls up his pants by himself or how he cracks himself up changing the last word of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to something crazy like "table" or "race car" or how he chants what he wants or how he tries to do a push up but ends up looking more like a disabled frog, but then there are the things like what happened at the vet a couple of weeks ago- things I want to always remember. 

Our miniature schnauzer was due for some shots, so I guess Asher was anticipating Zoe's pain.  He grabbed her furry face and held it close to his.  He bent his knees and looking her square in the eyes, he said, "Zoe, here's the deal.  You gonna be fine."

That Asher-dude...

2 comments:

lifeinthevillage said...

This is fabulous! And more than that- a testimony to a mama who held her baby close in the midst of suffering and said, "Baby, you're gonna be fine." I LOVE it! :) And you. And him. And maybe that puppy too. Just maybe. ;)

Kate Chaney said...

One of my favorite Asher posts!!!! I will always remember him stomping around at Christmas wanting to be the "Bat guy" and this Zoey story is one of my favorites- you've taught him well, sweet mama! And I also love his Chaney "swagger" He has definitely got it :)