Thursday, May 9, 2013

always for everything

"One act of thanksgiving, when things go wrong with us, is worth a thousand thanks when things are agreeable to our inclinations."  Saint John of Avila

"...always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."  Ephesians 5:20

441.  my grandmother's being saved from fire, burn units (help her heal, Lord)
442.  Amber's brokenhearted phone call
443.  my tripod of friendship with the Jennifers and our rejoicing over JennO's great new job
444.  a funeral-testimony of a life well lived
445.  being able to give a purple laced handkerchief (a girl should always have something pretty to cry into)
446.  Psalm 40 popping up again
447.  my own flowered handkerchief receiving tears
448.  Victory in Jesus, the hymn, and memories of my dad swinging his arm to the tune
449.  my family gathered round a table
450.  my extended family of believers, always a phone call, email, or text away, always always ready to help

1 comment:

Amber said...

Im just now catching up on some blog reading! Just so you know, you being on the other end of that phone call was touching beyond words for me. I am blessed to have you sister!! Love you.