Friday, September 6, 2013

"Ode to Joy"

"Ode to Joy" because my parents cultivated a deep appreciation and love for music in all of their children- including me.  

"Ode to Joy" because my experience as an 8-year-old with a less than encouraging piano teacher will not squelch my joyful noises anymore.  

"Ode to Joy" because the Chesson family donated this piano to this year's silent auction and "Ode to Joy" because our generous friends the Brubakers bid on it and then gifted it to us.  

"Ode to Joy" because Zeke has begun piano lessons and is thrilled.  

"Ode to Joy" because I have a piano in my house and it truly makes it feel like home.  

"Ode to Joy" because Beethoven had an amazing gift and his ninth symphony is genius in notes.  

And "Ode to Joy" because joyful, joyful we adore thee, God of glory, Lord of love!  From him and through him and to him are all things! 

"Ode to Joy!"

Amen.  

No comments: