Tuesday, October 22, 2013

yesterday and a million years and tomorrow


 It was a day for birthday dances before breakfast, caramel apples at school, colorful tissue paper and fro yo after dinner.  And of course, what's a birthday without a little nostalgia?  Nine years of AGC has me in all out flashback mode.  I remember exactly what I was wearing- pink pants and a striped shirt- when I saw the ultrasound screen and they told me I was having a girl.  It was yesterday and a million years ago all at the same time.  It's a funny thing how having children seems to bend and twist your sense of time passing.  


In nine more years (Lord willing) she'll be preparing to fly the family coop.  I'm sure it will be both as quick as tomorrow and as long as a million years.  In the meantime, we'll be sure to soak it all in, gratefully beholding the life of our precious Anna Grace. 

No comments: