Friday, November 22, 2013

pour it out

Ok, so this picture doesn't have a whole lot to do with the post but this sweet little girl reminded me of my little sister when she was that age and I just loved it. 

Who doesn't love a Holy-Spirit-inspired, Beth-Moore-delivered truth? 

This is what I read this morning in her book A Heart Like His: Intimate Reflections on the life of David and I had to share:

"[David] viewed his heart as a pitcher, and he poured everything in it on his God, whether it was joy or sadness, bitterness or fear.  David not only poured out his heart as a personal practice, he urged others to do the same.  Note David's words from Psalm 62:8: 'Trust in him at all times, O people; /pour out your hearts to him, /for God is our refuge.'"

I poured mine out this morning and it was sweet. 

I'm thankful for David's example and Beth's reminder and our God, faithful to hear us, protect us, encourage us, and love us through all of life's ups and downs. 

Pour it out.