Wednesday, January 22, 2014

mission possible















John Piper has this idea in his book, Desiring God, that the catechismal manifesto of our purpose being "to glorify God and enjoy him forever" might be better stated by saying that we should "glorify God BY enjoying him forever."  One little word can change a lot.   Could it be true that this can also be the way that we parents can love our children?  By enjoying them?

That's the idea I had on Monday when we were on holiday from school and it was just me and them.  We took a day trip- an adventure day to Natchitoches, LA- and made great memories.  The day to day discipline can take its toll so for me, enjoying them on our little adventure was a good way for me to love them well. 

Loving them by enjoying them.  Mission accomplished. 

1 comment:

Kate Chaney said...

I hope I am the type of mom that you are- You have set such a wonderful example for me, and I can't tell you how much I look up to you and admire you :) Love you, sister! Looks like y'all had a wonderful day of enjoying each other!