Thursday, February 6, 2014

better burrito


My husband sent me a picture of the breakfast burrito he was eating at work and while I'm sure it was delicious (?), it didn't look so hot.  So I decided to create my own breakfast burrito.  I don't ever invent recipes, but this one turned out quite well.  Not only are they delicious, but you can wrap them up individually and stick them in the freezer to pull out one at a time and send them to work with your husband. Delicious and convenient and simple.   I thought I'd share.


my "Better Burrito"

1 sweet potato, diced
1 red potato, diced
1 small onion, diced
6 scrambled eggs*
freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
sea salt
Tony's Chachere
black pepper
tortillas

 *Farm fresh eggs make for a great tasting burrito.  I'm grateful for my weekly delivery from the Harper farm!  

Saute the onion and potatoes, add spices.  Scramble eggs.  Assemble the burrito layering eggs, cheese, and potato mixture.  Wrap and serve with a side of the potatoes. Voila!

Helpful hint:  It helps if you listen to "Amarillo by Morning" while you cook.  At least for me it does.  Choose something that makes your heart smile. Happy cooks make delicious food.  A wise friend once told me that....

No comments: