Sunday, March 16, 2014

a union blessed


I have a hard time putting words to this story because where do I even begin?  Maybe I can tell the story one day, but for now all I can say now is that my mom used to have sad eyes.  Even when she was kind of happy, she still had sad eyes.

But no more.  


Twelve years a widow, the Lord has now given her beauty for ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning.... it's all there, sparkling in her new happy eyes on her wedding day- a day she thought might never come. 


Isn't she stunning?





 


And her new husband, too, has had more than his share of grief. 

And now.... he's been given SEVEN energetic grandsons and an Anna Grace bringing his granddaughter count to three. 


may be my favorite picture




girls who pray together stay together- mom's sisterhood of bible study








Broken hearts mended.

Sad eyes happy again.  

Redemption and beauty.

I wish them all joy as they build a new life together with Jesus as their cornerstone.  The Lord gives and the Lord takes away and sometimes the Lord gives again. 

Blessed be the name of the Lord.  





4 comments:

Kak said...

Such beautiful words, beautiful people and a blessed and happy day! God's glory was shining all around this precious couple and their friends and family!! I feel blessed to witness what God is joining!
Love ya, Kak

Anonymous said...

Well done and said, sweet Candace! Love you! Rendi

CPQ said...

I am WEEPING happy tears in North Carolina this morning. Oh, friend, my heart is full. Praying for blessings and love to abound.

lifeinthevillage said...

Wow! Well spoken. Well photographed. And well loved sister. At this moment you are my hero!