Tuesday, March 11, 2014

PCS'ing

 So we started a mom's prayer group at my school:  Mom's PCS (for Prayer-Care-Share).

We've only had two meetings, but it's already been really great on so many levels.  It's a way to bear one another's burdens and fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2) and a way to come together and encourage one another (Hebrews 13:3).  Like I said, it's a huge blessing.

In conjunction with our prayer time, we're doing a study by Michele Anthony called "Spiritual Parenting" because, as she reminds us in the book, the direction in which we set our hearts determines the outcome of our whole lives for ETERNITY.  Perfect behavior isn't really our end goal- hearts transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit is.  Good behavior and good choices are an outflow of a transformed heart so we are to be students of our children (because they are all so different, can I get an amen?) and create environments in which the Holy Spirit can do what only He can do.  The three part end goal is for our children to discern and hear God's voice, desire to obey Him, and then to carry out obedience in the power of the Holy Spirit. 

It's so good, but make no mistake, my children and I have NOT fully arrived.  I'm studying them, loving them, and trying my best, but I think I've relied on myself a little too much for a little too long. 



my oldest and her big personality- I love it and I love her!





And not only are we to be students of the kids God has given us, but we are to take a look in the mirror and remember that we can't pass along a faith that we ourselves don't possess.  What do they see us doing?  Are we modeling a life of loving Jesus?  Do our lives match our words and instruction?  

so I like to wear window pane glasses that I don't really need- so what?  ;)
It's hard but it's not.  His yoke is easy and his burden is light.  Leaning in and trusting Him to be the One in charge takes the pressure off.  His perfect love can cast out fear and I pray that it does just that as we continue to meet week after week and learn how to direct the hearts of our children to the beautiful, amazing, knock-your-socks-off Hero who loves us and made us and calls us to be His.

Instead of turning AWAY from something, we'll endeavor to have them turn TO Jesus. We'll aim to raise a generation of believers who are known for their kindness, faithfulness, and love- strong men and women who stand for truth, transformed and living from the inside out.  

So I'm thankful.  I'm thankful for my own parents who raised me in an environment to know and love Jesus and for the people in my life who continue to encourage me in my walk with God.  I'm thankful for Michele Anthony's work and book.  I'm thankful for the moms who have spent these last couple of Tuesday mornings with me.  I'm thankful that we weren't called to forge our way through parenthood all on our own- it's just too hard for that.  And, of course, I'm thankful for the love and grace of Jesus helping us every step of the way. 

Here's to the PCS! 

No comments: