Sunday, May 18, 2014

let's get this party started

Asher has been known for the phrase "win the day."  And if anybody won the day today, it was this birthday boy.  He rode his new green bike around the house in the morning and then was whisked away for Southern Maid donuts (in the car- Jack, let's remember that).  Church was followed by McDonalds on fine china (oh those most palatable, poisonous French fries!).  And of course Asher informed me that four year olds don't take naps so we skipped that part (for today).  Before we left for the pool he kept admonishing us:  "Let's get this party started!" was his morning mantra.  


raisin fingers 







We swam with friends on a gorgeous and warm day and it was all winning all around.  He fell asleep in the car on the way home, of course, but when I put him back to bed later he told me that he loved me more than hot lava and that was that.  Asher's birthday.  Win.  

I still carry him on my hip although I'm sure that's starting to look kind of funny.  I can't help it.  He melts in my arms and he's my baby.  He can get madder than a wet hen sometimes, but the next minute he's batting those baby blues and it's all over.  

So I love you too, Asher, more than hot lava and more than cookie cake and more than your three year old snuggles.  You're growing up and I know you must so grow up well.  Grow up strong and grow up kind and grow deep roots in the One who gave you life.  I can't wait to continue to watch your story and your song play itself out.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What GREAT fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lifeinthevillage said...

How are they soooooo big?????? You're making me cry this morning. :)