Friday, July 11, 2014

a pep talk to myself for the summer


As a mother, I have many battles to fight.  Lots of days it feels like it's against these tough dudes, but mostly (and I must remember this), it is for these tough dudes.  



These summer days when it's hot outside and we have lots of togetherness, the battle mostly consists of  keeping their electronic entertainment to a minimum.  That's a hard one.  And then there's also the healthy food battle and the being kind battle and helping around the house battle- all difficult at times, but worth the effort in the long run (again, I must remember this). 


One day maybe we'll just wake up kind and helpful and full of good choices (me included), but until then, we, parents and kids alike, must persevere in fighting the battle- not in our own strength but in the strength of God by which we can do all things.


Onward.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13

No comments: