Friday, March 13, 2015

a prayer for Lily



When I first met Lily, I found out that she really likes to be sung to.  As it turns out, singing to little people is one of my favorite things to do, so we got along quite swimmingly.  She really loved "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and I taught her "Praise Ye the Lord" but what was the most endearing by far was her take on "Jesus Loves Me."

"For the bible tells me so..."  She would fold open her hands like I'm doing in the picture.

"Little ones to him belong..."   She would rock the baby like you do with folded arms.

"They are weak but He is strong..."  That's the one that she really got into.  Her white knuckled fists at the end of her bent arms would shake with the strongest contraction she could muster.

She's learning good things, that Lily Anne.

If you're reading this now, we are asking that you pray with us for Lily and her sweet momma Lydia. She had a cleft palate surgery but it opened back up so we are praying that it will close again until their next appointment at the beginning of April.

Lord, thank you for this beautiful little girl and her beautiful family showcasing Your beauty and Your heart.  We ask that you would heal Lily's palate.  While we are weak, you are so strong. Help this family see and know your strength and your great grace through it all. We ask in the great name of Jesus.  Amen. 

I'll update you sometime after Easter.  If you ask me, that's a great time to get some great news.  

1 comment:

lifeinthevillage said...

:). Love you friend- thank you.