|my cover art for a book I imagine entitled "Unlikely Grace"|
1. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - Hauntingly beautiful and a sobering account of life during WWII, this book has stayed with me well after I read (or heard, rather, as I listened on Audible.com) the last sentence. I want to read it again.
2. This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett - A collection of this award-winning author's articles serves as sort of an autobiography. Pages turned quickly and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.
3. "Who Could That Be at This Hour?" (All the Wrong Questions) by Lemony Snickett - I read this one to the boys and wow- it did a number on the old vocabulary front. My four-year-old can now tell you without hesitation what "bombinating" means. I think I enjoyed this book a little bit more than the kids did, even, but then again, I adore Lemony Snickett and if I'm going to read to the kids, I cannot bear writing that's not up to snuff. Lemony NAILS it.
4. The Mighty Miss Malone by Christopher Paul Curtis - Anna Grace read this one and then asked me to read it because she knew I would love it and she was right. Heartwarming and inspiring.
books I'm currently reading:
1. Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan - hilarious and completely on point
2. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate - for the boys again, so far so great
some books I will read (they're on my shelf and waiting!):
1. Bittersweet by Shauna Niequest
2. Wearing God by Lauren F. Winner
I'd love to know what you're reading and what you recommend!