Wednesday, May 13, 2015

like a hurricane

Before I even took these pictures of my friend Meg's birth of her new baby Hall, I had a slideshow like this in mind.  But this wasn't the song.  I was going to use something else, but this song, David Crowder singing about how He loves us, seemed to insist on its application as I poured over the the new life, the little hands, and the eye-sparkling parental love.  This collection is truly a glimpse of how He loves us. 

"He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions
Eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me...
And we are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If His love is an ocean we're all sinking."   David Crowder

There are plenty of metaphors throughout scripture of God's love for us, but us as His children is one of the most profound.

Happy birth day, Hall!  May you always know how He loves you!  

No comments: