Thursday, September 17, 2015

what I saw at Ki Mexico (besides some amazing tacos)

Jack's friend from high school and also-incidentally- the husband of my friend Korrie's midwife

On our date last night, Jack and I went to the newest, most hisptery-ist place in town, Ki Mexico.  It was packed (why wouldn't it be with a beer/taco pairing night that included coffee and chili chipotle crusted brisket with black beans and carmelized onions with a Baltic porter?) but in the corner, I noticed our friend working away at his turntable- a stack of records behind in him and a couple spinning discs in front.  Plenty of people noticed the music and tapped their foot or even sang along (I did), but I saw our music man- him in the light, a big loud distracted crowd framing him, and I slipped out my camera and took a blind shot.

Noticing is one of the greatest gifts the habit of photography has to offer.  And in noticing our buddy in the corner, I was reminded that our Creator sees us and notices us- even if no one else ever does.  He sees our work, what we're doing, how we're doing it, all the time.  He sees our struggles and our victories and our diligence and our weariness and He loves us in the midst of it all.  If we so choose, we can live and work in His light, making our own kind of music by the work of our hands.

Amen.

"The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.."  2 Chronicles 16:9 (NLT)

2 comments:

Korrie said...

Loved this!

lifeinthevillage said...

Amen and amen. So appreciate the notice. And that the Father notices. Even in the crazy.