Wednesday, January 27, 2016

eyes to serve

"Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn."  Mumford & Sons 

If the Lord gives me a long life, I know what I want to do when I'm 65, 70, 80 years old. I want to be the old lady who comes to your house and stays all day so that she can tell the story of your days with little ones- that old lady that looks for  the light in your home and grabs hold of it, catching it, and wrestling it down into images printed in a book.  


I drove to Dallas tonight to do my first Day in the Life photography session with a sweet young family with two lovely and lively little boys.  I'll be here all day to capture their waking moments, their bedtime stories, and all the beauty of an ordinary day in between. Like a kid on Christmas Eve, I can't wait.  

No comments: