Saturday, January 2, 2016

my 2015 testimony


What did your 2015 look like?  Was it what you expected?  What gifts were you given?  What trials did you walk through?

For the most part, my 2015 was full of an abundance of blessing- growing children, a healthy marriage, rich friendships, general health, and enough of everything that we need. 

However, I was really hoping our house would sell this year so that we could move on to a place with a bit more square footage for my growing family.  That and maybe more job certainty and stability for my husband (could oil prices just go up already?).  We prayed and prayed for those things.  But even though we didn't get them- even though God clearly said "no" and "wait"- He gave us the grace we needed to have dinner parties and slumber parties and gatherings galore anyway.  He gave us new ways of seeing our little home and patience with this frustrating thing of a showing and selling a house.

He also emphasized what it means to be poor in spirit: knowing that in every moment no matter how much or how little we have, we are completely and utterly dependent on God for our everything. 

So at face value, 2015 wasn't a banner year of wealth and prosperity, but it was a year RICH in good gifts:  peace, contentment, patience, and joy.  We haven't perfected the art of living in these truths every moment, but there is no doubt that these are the gifts of the year and they are good.  This is my 2015 testimony.

There will be both celebration and suffering in 2016 no doubt- it's the world in which we live.  But my God is good and we'll endeavor to remember to thank Him in the midst of both. 



Happy 2016, friends! 

2 comments:

lifeinthevillage said...

So well stated my friend!

lifeinthevillage said...

So well stated my friend!