Friday, August 12, 2016

many waters


I usually reserve my last morning at the beach for a sunrise walk so that I can play with all the light drama of twilight and dawn.  But this vacation was bookended by storms and so I was confined to my balcony that last morning.  It was a red flag day and the beach was dark and empty except for one silhouette of a person I could just barely make out.  He was running and then the rain came down even harder and so he ran to the little water sport station and waited.  The whole big ocean was before me, infinite horizon and a storm, but all I could do was watch this little person waiting, sheltering.  I hoped he would be okay.  After a while, the rain let up and he ran on but I knew that it was another wait-out-the-storm message in a bottle that God kept sending my way.  There was a storm on the front end of this trip and there were rains on the way back but this vacation was a little bit of shelter, a prone positioned, catch your breath kind of wait.















so thankful for all of my people



"Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it."  Song of Solomon 8:7

No comments: