Saturday, August 6, 2016

storms and shelter



                 from today's funeral 

We were having the last gathering of a 7 week study at my house on Tuesday when one of our girls got some crazy bad life changing kind of news.  We gathered around her, held her, kept her kids, made each other tea and cried.  As I was trying to go to sleep that night I just kept thinking about Isaiah 9:2- the people who walk in darkness have seen a great light.  I saw light that night in the faces of my sisters in Christ who were gathered to share.  Weathering storms, sharing, and loving one another well is light.  And it's there- even in the dark.  

"When someone we love suffers, we suffer with that person, and we would not have it otherwise, because the suffering and the love are one, just as it is with God's love for us."  F. Buechner

No comments: