Sunday, October 16, 2016

rainbow grasshopper moments


A little over a week ago I was sitting alone dressed for dinner and waiting for Jack while watching the biggest grasshopper I've ever seen try to escape from an attacking bird.  The old couple sitting on the edge of the dock noticed the fight and the old man walked up the beach to shoo it away.  He had told me about London earlier that day and how he lived near Heathrow Airport and all about the Concord that doesn't fly but sits there and looks pretty.   So the man walked back down the beach to sit with his wife again and another lady walks by and of course the old man stops her because he's chatty.  Then a little cloud dropped a little rainbow and it was the end of the day and it was so beautiful.

I need more rainbow grasshopper moments in my life- a realization that hit like a ton of bricks when I came back to my highly over-scheduled life.

I'm gonna work on that.

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day."  E.B. White

No comments: