Monday, January 23, 2017

that girl though


Tweendom is beautiful and prickly like a rose bush but whoa...  this girl.

I cannot even fathom how we're here, her twelve and a half and me half aged.

She asked to take pictures on Sunday afternoon - I was happy to oblige and very grateful for the opportunity to practice tween photo shooting. She was an excellent teacher.










I cannot even.  Heart explosions.  All the dramatic emotional catch phrases.

I love you, my girl-becoming-a-young-lady.

May you receive blessing for this chapter of your life- a strong identity in Jesus, grace abundant, joy in surprising amounts, perseverance for the hard things, and may you bless others with your life, doing those good things that God has prepared for you to do before the creation of the world one step at a time, one day at a time.

xoxo, yo mama

(Isn't she amazing?!) (Thank you, God, for this beautiful daughter)

“She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines. She was beautiful, for the way she thought. She was beautiful, for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. She was beautiful, for her ability to make other people smile, even if she was sad. No, she wasn't beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful, deep down to her soul. She is beautiful.”  F Scott Fitzgerald 

2 comments:

Jack said...

Beautiful. A double portion of Grace. :)

lifeinthevillage said...

oh my, oh my. She is so amazing. And can I just compare for a moment? I have a tween who I am confident, will NEVER ask for a photo shoot! Hahahaha. But this is beautiful. I love it and her and you!